Friday, June 30, 2006

E-mail to Joy

To Joy:

It has been two days now since my castration. It seems both strange & natural to use that word - like I am attempting to get use to it.

I do not know if you want these "update e-mails" - you need to tell me yes or no. I have told you so many times that I have no one with which I can talk about what has happened - it would leak out and be used against me. But at the same time it is difficult to adjust to a role of seeing you as my "friend," when lover was what I wanted.

I went into the hospital briefly early this morning to make sure my patients were covered (I hope no one noticed that I was walking somewhat unusual - but the pain has subsided considerably). I decided to take today also to stay close around the house and take it easy. I started an antibiotic this morning, and fortunately the appearance of blood in my urine has ceased. However, I still have that problem of hearing loss in my left ear.

Muriel called about 9:30 with that new soft voice of hers and inquired as to how I was getting along. She told me that she did not want to "push it" since I was still recovering, but asked if I thought there might be a way we could talk this weekend. I told her that I was probably going to be fairly busy at the hospital playing catch-up, and suggested that we go ahead and talk this evening. (This is the alternating Friday that she does not wrestle.) But I told her I would not meet her in private - it had to be in a public place. She replied that it could be any way I wanted it, so long as I gave her a chance to talk with me. So I suggested that we have dinner together.

I asked Muriel where she would like to go to dine. I told her that wherever she picked - she would have to drive herself and meet me there. She stated no preference and that anywhere I picked would be fine with her, and that she understood about my not picking her up (this was hard - I was not raised to be that way). I suggested the Macaroni Grill (I don't know if you have those in your area - crappy name, but a nice class of Italian restaurant). She seemed somewhat flustered at my pick, and I asked her if she thought that was not good enough and preferred a better place. Muriel replied that no one had ever taken her anywhere to eat other than someplace like MacDonald's.

And she went further to tell me that she could not afford such a place - at which point I asked when was she ever expected to pick up the tab when Melanie & I took her with us to eat - and those times were certainly not at fast food places! And I also stuck in her face (you well know how good I am at that) the irony of even inviting someone to dinner that had just recently been in on a rape of your private parts! Muriel then went notably silent, so I ended the call by saying, "Look, let's just dine & talk - it would seem to me you should have a lot to say." She agreed to a time for dinner, thanked me, and said good-bye.

Joy, I know you have your interests tonight, however, if you want, I will send you information concerning Muriel's and my conversation this evening. And I am not going anywhere with her afterwards!

no name

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home